Wednesday, March 12, 2008

TODAY IS...

photo: self reflection (self portrait in the morning)
when i took this picture i had no idea what i expected of it and myself...it reveals something extremely powerful to me...it is a photo that reveals my true or the truest possible spirit that i am...without the disguise of external plumage it makes me feel clean and present...it is of course more important to cleanse the soul...the heart...the magnificent internal aura...so when both are simplified...the inner and the outer - that is, the balance that is awakened is the gift of spirit it is ever stronger...at no time was i engaged in the purpose of style or gratification of a beautiful reflection...i wanted only to see a little deeper into my human-ness...into a soul birthing more love and divine awareness...this place...this thought...this awareness makes me feel light...as light as a butterfly being carried by the breeze...as warm as a flower being kissed by the sun...
the birth of change brought me here and i imagine it will bring me to a vast amount different places before i leave this physical plane...today i feel aware of the presence of God...it feels eloquent and infinite...balanced and serene...today is....mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

This self portrait is so you Karen. Minus the Afro there is a deeper thing, a freedom. A foot kicking, a fist pounding out of the box. It reminded me of how New Soul artist were prisoner to an image, the non verbal. Some self destructed, some re-evented themself, the outside as you say caught up with the inside. Eye like that, eye like that.