Thursday, March 29, 2007

DIPPIN' IN THE SEA OF ANOTHER PLACE!

so lulu and i went to the museum yesterday...what a wonderful time we had...we tried out our new jogger stroller and the ride was soooooooooo smooth...she seems to really like it...there was an exhibit in particular that i really liked...i think it was called through the eye of the artist...it was an amazing expression of art...lulu enjoyed all of the different sights and sounds...we didn't stay long...it was just a quick visit...we are truly blessed to have the museum so close to us so we can go pretty much anytime we feel like it...anyhoooo! speaking of art...my artbook is coming along...i had to resize all of the files and put them back into the lulu.com self publishing online system...they were too big that is why i couldn't preview the pre-print pdf...let's hope it works this time i really want to share the work with you...and of course i can't wait to see the final copy...photo: museum day (The Brooklyn Museum)
here is one of my favorite poems:
every night I go to sleep
wakin’ the next mornin’
to creep
into a new life
without strife
i journey without bags
‘cause I can’t leave a trace

dippin’ in the sea of another place

i don’t know if i want you to see my face
i need to cry alone sometimes
occasionally i’ll greet you with a smile
just incase
I might want to cross the bridge
and share my space

dippin’ in the sea of another place

understand that I run my own school of thought
where equality is the number one trait
let us look inside
‘cause everyone has his or her death date
don’t be afraid to shed a tear
your reason being a little fear
think about the feeling you call fate
release all your anger, the ignorance and hate

dippin’ in the sea of another place

take the time to think about good dates
where smiling is the pastime
look at the mountain you thought you couldn’t climb
and meet me at the top
‘cause I’ll always save you a place

Dippin’ in the sea of another place
kgr(c)2000

No comments: