Wednesday, February 21, 2007

and...it's 9:14pm

photo: reflection (self portrait)
poem for the day:
night time brings a nocturnal announcement
that today is rapidly coming to a close

today seemed strange in that it played out like an old black and white thriller
where all characters trembled in anticipation of the unknown

moments chase days
and days chase years
and years chase centuries
and centuries chase and chase and chase
moments

pointless television copulates with saturated consumerism
spreading the disease called greed--
it suffocates nature and
strangles the serene faced deity
leaving her legend bathed in blood

what does the map look like?
the one we are drawing for our children
and their children
and their children
and theirs
and...
kgr



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello KGR,

I am here because you posted on a friend's blog - ARNOTTI THOUGHTS - all his pics are from a camera phone.
Anyway, I have just spent a few minutes looking at your pics and reading your poetry - great stuff sister! I hadn;t read any poetry for quite awhile and found yours to be both 'bang-on' and refreshing. Especially for me as I'm in a bit of a funk right now.
So, thank you for this and I will be back for more - cause you ROC!

Anonymous said...

I sometimes wonder when I'm gone, when I've breathed my last breath, enjoyed my last kiss, touch, sound, taste, pleasant smell, what will my seeds future be. I wonder will global warming affect my unborn grandchildren, will the oceans over flow, the sees, the rivers, the lakes in their life time will the sun burn out, the earth get tired of spinning, I wonder