Sunday, February 25, 2007

CROSSROAD

i feel i am at the biggest crossroad of my life...i can't tell you what i think the next revelation will be because of course i don't know...i feel change coming once again...like a life changing change...like when i stepped onto the stage for the first time to perform or like when i met and later married my husband and of course years later when i found out i was pregnant and finally when i gave birth to lulu...also - back in the day it was packing one suitcase and moving to new york from toronto...all of these periods helped to shape who i am and where i sit today...when i think about these pockets of time i remember being scared...not afraid...but challenged...challenged to transform my thinking...the road widens and the road narrows...where it leads stems from my own thinking and acting in the present...i'm not scared this time because i have wonderful memories that help me to remain calm and resourceful...experiences that nurture my strength and courage...life is a series of manifestations that are born from thought and action...so today i remember to feed my thoughts with love and water them with positivity! photo: crossroad

Illus ional reality

Everything seems strange
When the shifting winds of change
Come knocking at my door
This mind doesn’t rewind
I find ways to push on
Until the new dawn is revealed

Illusions and lies get demoralized
By dreamers that don’t hide from deceivers

It’s easily revealed like truth unlocked unsealed
Revelation is humanities appeal to the unknown energy field

I’m flying free so that I can see the mountain I left behind me--
My mind is now free to move within this illusional reality

I hope I’m not disturbing the peace
I can’t contain this lyrical beast
Outside of societies cage
I fill paper with words
Page after page after page

I love my words and they explain how I feel
They’ll fill you up like your momma’s best meal

I realize reality
And my ability is to flip respectability
Lyrically
Talent on the brain with no hunger for fame
Even though I came with my words to swallow you whole

From the deepest...darkest...part of your mind

To the sweetest...softest...part of your soul

I’m flying free so that I can see the mountain I left behind me--
My mind is now free to move within this illusional reality

Song Lyrics from DVD/CD project "Travelling With Light" - song "Illusional Reality"
BY KAREN GIBSON ROC & FLUID
for purchase info: www.boxmatic.com
kgr

No comments: